Bourdon tube pressure gauge with switch contacts
Stainless steel version
- Control and regulation of industrial processes
- Monitoring of plants and switching of electric circuits
- For gaseous and liquid aggressive media that are not highly viscous or crystallising, also in aggressive ambience
- Process industry: Chemical, petrochemical, power plants, mining, on- and offshore, environmental technology, machine building and general plant construction
- High reliability and long service life
- Up to 4 switch contacts per instrument
- Also available with liquid-filled case for high dynamic pressure loads or vibrations
- Gauges with inductive contacts for use in hazardous areas with ATEX approval
- Gauges with electronic contact for PLC applications
- Gauges in safety version S3
Wherever the process pressure has to be indicated locally, and, at the same time, circuits are to be made or broken, the model PGS23.1×0 switchGAUGE can be used.
Switch contacts (electrical alarm contacts) make or break an electric control circuit dependent upon the position of the instrument pointer. The switch contacts are adjustable over the full extent of the scale range (see DIN 16085), and are mounted predominantly below the dial, though also partly on top of the dial. The instrument pointer (actual value pointer) moves freely across the entire scale range, independent of the setting.
The set pointer can be adjusted using a removable adjustment key in the window.
Switch contacts consisting of several contacts can also be set to a single set point. Contact actuation is made when the actual value pointer travels beyond or below the desired set point.
The pressure gauge is manufactured in accordance with DIN 16085 and fulfils all requirements of the relevant standards (EN 837-1) and regulations for the on-site display of the working pressure of pressure vessels.
As switch contacts magnetic snap-action contacts, reed switches, inductive contacts – for requirements to ATEX – or electronic contacts for triggering a PLC are available. For further information on the different switch contacts please see data sheet AC 08.01.